Morehouse Farm is the first superfine Merino sheep farm in America! Located in New York's Hudson Valley, we grow the softest farm yarn you'll ever feel. We spin our yarn in 5 different weights and have 118 colorways to choose from for projects that inspire creativity.
Each month, we host a project dedicated to learning and practicing our craft.
Each project comes with a LIVE virtual class conducted via Zoom and 30 days of project support via
- a self-paced course which breaks the project down into daily goals
- video tutorials so that you have THE video you need when you need it
(no more wasting an hour to find *the* one on YouTube!)
- studio hours to answer questions you have on any project
- chat support
- times to knit and unwind with your fellow members
- access to the course library
(that's right, all the past courses stay for you for as long as you're a member).
all for just $45 when you join at the Shepherd/ess level.
Our community encourages each other with three guiding principles:
1) Be good to each other - and yourself
2) You can't say the word can't unless it's followed by the word YET
3) Behind isn't a project status, it's only something you sit on.
When you join The Flock, we'll help you take your knitting to the next level so that you can knit absolutely anything you put on your wish list!
You'll have your choice of three different membership levels to help you pick the level of instruction and connection that's right for you. Here are just some of the benefits:
Needle Felted Soap
This March, we'll be adding wool to another room in the home:
with needle-felted soap
in collaboration with expert needle felter Nancy Butler of Lyric Hill Farm.|
Nancy will teach us how to turn a plain soap canvas into a work of art using carded Morehouse Merino.
No experience or artistic ability required - they ALL turn out great!
Nancy will teach us how to:
- work from a design template
- transfer the template to the soap
- handle felting needles (no poking!)
- felt a design in layers, starting with background elements and working our way forward
- felt with our carded merino and also our merino yarn!
At the very end, you'll have your own butterfly masterpiece.
And lest you think you can't use it, I'll highly recommend you DO, because
1) you deserve it
2) Nancy makes great soap, and
3) once the soap is gone form the inside, you have an ornament to decorate your home, your tree, or even diffuse essential oil from.
Saturday, March 12 at 10:00 AM Eastern Time
Tuesday, March 15 7:00 PM Eastern Time
Kits are available here:
(Join the Flock first to get special member pricing on your kit!)
Join the Flock with a Shepherd/ess membership!
Not only do you get
a seat in our live virtual class
you also receive 30 days of project support
so that you finish your project with confidence.
There's daily chat support, studio hours for one-on-one help,
and a chance to knit and unwind with your fellow flock members.
Plus, you get access to the entire Morehouse Merino Flock Course Library for as long as you're a member!
Prefer to work at your own pace?
The Farmhand Membership lets you take advantage of the
- self-paced course with video instruction just as you need it
- chat help with any questions
- 30 days of project support
- our Knit and Unwind gatherings
When you join the Morehouse Merino Flock Online Learning community,
you're a member of the Flock.
Flock members knit and learn and grow together, supporting each other through new projects, long projects, and life in between.
We join in from wherever we are.
We have our knitting in common.
We want to learn new things.
We try them.
We practice them.
We build our confidence.
We're ready to start whatever's on our wish list.
All together. All supporting each other. All learning faster together.
Wanderly: delightful toe-up socks with an afterthought heel
Atlas Headband: double-knitting in the round that'll have you saying you've conquered mountains
Atlas Cuffs: learn double knitting on the flat, and turn them into mittens
Tansie Wrap: gorgeous beaded wrap by Louisa Harding
Fizzy Drinks Felted Coasters: learn mosaic knitting and felting at the same time
Christine's Cowl: a one-skein cowl that's a go-to gift
The Calvin Sweater: a sweater for the whole family. Adults and Children